Calculator shows how to add (subtract) two fractions. Enter input fractions and select needed operation (addition or subtraction) in form below and calculla will compute the results by performing following steps:
- I. Convert input fractions into improper form. If your fractions do not containt wholes part, then this step is unnecessary and can be skipped.
- II. Find common denominator. If input fractions already have common denominator, this step can be skipped.
- III. Perform operation. In this step, calculla adds (subtract) nominators and saves denominator without changes.
- IV. Get wholes part out of result. This step is needed only if result is improper fraction i.e. its nominator is greater than denominator.
- V. Shortening result to the simplest form.