Calculator finds out the amount of cash available to the employee during national delegation (without travelling outside of Poland) i.e. the so-called subsistence allowance. Calculator takes into acount both basic daily allowance rate and hotel flat-rate.
BETA TEST VERSION OF THIS ITEM
This online calculator is currently under heavy development. It may or it may NOT work correctly.
You CAN try to use it. You CAN even get the proper results.
However, please VERIFY all results on your own, as the level of completion of this item is NOT CONFIRMED.
Feel free to send any ideas and comments !
- An employee who performs part of his/her job within a delegation (business travel) gets some fixed amount of cash per each day to cover cost of food, hotel and other necessary expenses. This kind of reimbursement is called "subsistence allowance", "daily allowance" or "per diem".
- Informations seen on this page are focused on local travels (national travels, i.e. without leaving Poland). If you need to calculate subsistence allowance during foreign travel check out our other calculator: Polish travel allowance (foreign). Also, you can check out recent and historical subistence allowance rates in table: Polish travel allowance (foreign) table.
- Subsistence allowance during local travel in Poland consists of the following parts:
- breakfasts (25% of allowance),
- dinners (50% of allowance),
- kolacje (25% of allowance).
- If employee gets food from employer (i.e. he/she doesn't need to pay for food on his/her own), subsistence allowance is decreased according to type of meals, which are provided. Especially if all meals are delivered (breakfasts, dinners and suppers) subsistence allowance is not available at all.
- In addition to the basic allowance, the employee is entitled to reimbursement of the cost of the accommodation if it was not organized by the employer. In case of local travels, employee can get flat-rate of 45 PLN per day (as of 2017.09.19). It is so called hotel lump sum.
- Recent and historical subsistence allowance rates and hotel flat-rates are presented in table: Polish travel allowance (national) table.
- Partial days are treated as below:
- In case of delegation shorter than one day:
- time below 8 hours is ignored - subsistence allowance is not available at all,
- time above 8 hours is treated as 1/2 of day.
- In case of delegation longer than one day:
- time below 8 hours is treated as 1/2 of day,
- time above 8 hours is treated as full day.
- Legal basis: Ordinance of the Minister of Labor and Social Policy of 29 January 2013 on entitlements paid to an employee employed in a state or self-government budgetary unit for a business trip (OJ 2013, item 167).
We regularly review daily rates and overnight stay flat-rate that our data is always up-to-date.
Recent compliance with the regulations was confirmed on 2019.01.09.
If you want to be 100% sure after this date - check if the rates have not changed.
What is the meaning of each calculator field ?
- Start time - date and time when business travel began e.g. train departure time,
- End time - date and time when business travel ended e.g. time of return train arrival,
- Take into account daylight saving time (DST) - this option causes that the current time zone (winter / summer time) according to the European Union directive UE 2000/84/EC is taken into account during the calculation. According to the regulation, on the last Sunday of March at 1:00 a.m. universal time (in Poland it is 2:00) clocks are moved forward one hour, and on the last Sunday of October at 1:00 a universal time (in Poland it is 3:00), o one hour back.
- Provided food - select which meals (breakfasts, dinners or suppers) are warranted by employer i.e. employe doesn't need to pay for them on his/her own,
- Who paid for accommodation? - select whether the accommodation was paid by the employer or whether the employee needed to arrange it on his/her own,
Tags and links to this website
Tags to Polish version:
What tags this calculator has
This is permalink. Permalink is the link containing your input data. Just copy it and share your work with friends:
Links to external sites (leaving Calculla?)