Simply enter your fractions into form below and Calculla will compute their sum (addition), difference (subtraction), product (multiply) and quotient (division) for you. For each of those operations, Calculla will show you how to get proper result step-by-step:
- I. Remove wholes. In this step we convert mixed number to improper fraction if needed. However, if your fractions have no wholes part, we simply skip this step.
- II. Perform the appropriate action. This step depends on type of operation we're performing:
- Addition - at the beginning we bring fractions to common denominator, next we add their numerators.
- Subtraction - at the beginning we bring fractions to common denominator, next we subtract their numerators.
- Multiplication - simply we multiply numerator of first fraction by numerator of second one and denominator of first fraction by denominator of second one.
- Division - at the beginning we replace division by multiplication by the inverse, next we follow multiply steps.
- III. In this step we already have proper result. However probably not in the simplest form yet, so it may be not yet final.
- IV. Remove improper fraction. If our result is an improper fraction (i.e. its numerator is greater than denominator) we pull out wholes part before fraction. In this way we create the mixed number.
- V. Reduction to the simplest form. In this step we reduce the fraction to the simplest possible form.